The Mix at Arbor Place is a non-denominational faith-based, 501c3 not-for-profit organization located in Southeast Lancaster City. The Mix at Arbor Place is dedicated to meeting the spiritual, social/emotional, academic and physical needs of Lancaster’s inner-city youth.
The Mix at Arbor Place was founded in the early 1980s by a local pastor, Marvin Weaver of Laurel Street Mennonite. The Mix formally opened its doors for the first time in 1985. In 1999, the mission and vision were changed to more effectively address the growing needs of our community’s youth.
Beginning in 2010, in order to continue effectively meeting the needs of our youth and prevent thousands of dollars in repairs each year for our building, our old building was demolished and a new state-of-the-art facility built in its place.
With a new building, a new focus was realized as well. Instead of operating as a ‘youth hang out center’, Arbor Place began a structured after school program. The new structured approach allows staff to provide intentional activities for kids. The after school program has a holistic approach to development by focusing on social, academic, spiritual, and physical needs.
To prepare today’s youth to be tomorrow’s Christ-like leaders.
- January 2014385.75 K | 1/7/2014
- December 2013440.44 K | 1/8/2014
520 North Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
Stay in the Mix
Share This Page
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Kimberly Grunden / President
- Vacant / Vice President
- Katie Reiff / Secretary
- Rick Barnett
- Dave Green
- Hadia Shertzer
- Sheena Simmons
- Cherie Taylor
- Louis Torres
- Vanessa Rucker
- Todd Reinhart
- Pastor William Wells
- Janice Thomas / Executive Director
- Jeremy Raff / Director of Programs
- Anthony Zorbaugh/ Director of Development
- Shannon Windle / Office Manager
- Joe Mobley / Evening Coordinator
- Dexter Gillis / Kitchen Supervisor
- Sue Tordoff / Book Keeper
- Hector Rentas / Custodian
- Corrie McKenna / Scratch 2 Success Facilitator
- Ty Gant / We Rock the Mic Facilitator
- December 2013